Csaba Toth stepped in at the last minute to deliver a talk on Machine Learning. The audience enjoy a wonderful talk and had refreshments at Bitwise South Stadium on November 2nd. Next meeting is planned on December 7th. We have decided to change future meeting times so as to not to conflict with other community meetings like the Art Hop. Stay tuned to Meet Up about the new date for our meetings. This meeting was videoed and that will be posted on YouTube. Check out GDG Fresno on YouTube for other videos.
Planning is underway for the next 2017 International Women's Day Celebration for 2017 at Bitwise Stadium Fresno on Sunday March 19th registration at 8:30 AM and finishing at 3:30 PM. Details will follow posting on Meetup and here at our Website. The special event Website is under planning at the time of this note.
Plans for our next meeting will be an onsite visit to Ideaworks Fresno. You will get to see the Sumobots in action. This is a great opportunity to bring kids from elementary grades and older.
You won't need to bring anything like laptops or other devices with you to have a thoroughly great time.
This is a combined Women Techmakers and GDG Fresno meeting.
at Bitwise South Stadium
700 Van Ness Ave
Fresno, CA 93721
Didn't we peek your curiosity ? Orgaqnizer Csaba Toth will discuss Progressive Web Apps. Also there is some news coming out of Google and Google I/O 2016 is May 18,19,and 20 at Google this year. If you can't go there will be streaming and we will talk about the specifics in June 2nd as a follow up.
Progressive Web Apps are:
- Progressive - Work for every user, regardless of browser choice because they’re built with progressive enhancement as a core tenet.
- Responsive - Fit any form factor: desktop, mobile, tablet, or whatever is next.
- Connectivity independent - Enhanced with service workers to work offline or on low quality networks.
- App-like - Feel like an app to the user with app-style interactions and navigation because it's built on the app shell model.
- Fresh - Always up-to-date thanks to the service worker update process.
- Safe - Served via HTTPS to prevent snooping and ensure content hasn’t been tampered with.
- Discoverable - Are identifiable as “applications” thanks to W3C manifests and service worker registration scope allowing search engines to find them.
- Re-engageable - Make re-engagement easy through features like push notifications.
- Installable - Allow users to “keep” apps they find most useful on their home screen without the hassle of an app store.
- Linkable - Easily share via URL and not require complex installation.
There are plans to meet at the new Bitwise offices downtown on Saturday, March 12th and follow a similar formula for speakers and networking. There is a surprise speaker being planned from Google with more details to follow.
Last week WTM organizers and other interested members met at Bitwise to devise the structure for the upcoming event. Eventually the design came back to the successful structure of last year's meeting with panels and discussions with plenty of time for networking.
We hope we will have a nice take away so some effort to create an nice take home bag or t-shirt is in the design stage. Also we will have a few other prizes and take home items on top of a delicious meal.
Please return or come in for the first time for a delightful half day of activities.
We will discuss plans for our annual International Women's Day Celebration! The celebration is our chance to honor and encourage all of the amazing tech women in the Central Valley. Have an idea for what you want to see this year? Want to get involved...
2210 San Joaquin St Fresno CA
The Hour of Code is a one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify code and show that anybody can learn the basics. GDG Fresno is planning to host an event at Fresno City College. This year there are plans to screen Code Girl at Fresno City College Auditorium See you there. Code Girl Movie .
Join Women Techmakers Fresno for a special presentation at Bitwise from the Fresno County Public Library. This event will be particularly helpful to anyone on the job search or starting their own business. A FCPL librarian will give us a customized overview of all of the library's fantastic (and free) online resources. Not a FCPL member? You can sign up for a library card at this meetup.
2210 San Joaquin St, Fresno, Ca
Monthly meeting will be a review of DevFest 2015. We will talk about what we liked and how to improve the program for DevFest 2016. There will be a few snacks and networking along with talk about future programs and activities of GDG Fresno and Women Techmakers. There will also be a discussion about future events including Hour of Code in December